Re: (erielack) Cleveland-Buffalo

Arthur J. Tross wrote:
> Mike
> Your trip must have been on a Saturday night, Sunday morning. On that night
> the thru cars went east on Train 14, a Sunday morning train rather than
> train 8 which did not run on Saturday night from Buffalo.  Train 14 which
> left between 1 am and 2 am run in lieu of train 8 and train 2.  Otherwise
> you and your father would not have time to go to a restaurant in Buffalo.
>
> Art Tross

Yes Art, you must be right.  Saturday night/Sunday morning would have
been the only night with a long enough layover to leave the station.
(About two hours as I look at an NKP timetable from '59)  I don't
remember feeling rushed.  I think the diner was literally across the
street and coming out of the depot having to cross a railroad track to
walk over there.  Going back there was still time to look around the
waiting room before getting back on.

Mike