RE: Re:RE: (erielack) DL&W info, please

Let's be sure we're talking about the same diagram and cars.

Page 694 in Taber 20th, vol 2.

The top photo is car 7000.  That's clearly a steel underframe car.  It says on it BUILT 1925.

The diagram at the bottom is for cars 6500-6599 and 6700-6799.  These cars were built by Barney &
Smith, 1902.  The caption says "They had a wood underframe, whereas the 100 bought in 1908 had a
steel underframe.

What I am trying to find out about is the cars in the number series 6700-6889 in the 1950 ORER.

I'd be surprised, but not completely disbelieveing, if the cars in the diagram on page 694 were
still in service in 1950.

SGL