Re: (erielack) Re: Erie Tablecloths

To all:

Recently Buffalo China was bought out by management and renamed Niagara
Ceramics.  We recently re-ordered Starrucca dinner plates and cups and
saucers.  They were very responsive and the order went well.  We have quotes
from them to do cereal/soup bowls and a 10 1/2" oval platter.  The price for
the cereal bowls will need to be in the mid-teens and the platters around
the low 20s.  Based on some requests we will get the artwork going with an
eye towards releasing these additional pieces over the next few months.

As of right now, the only firms still left in this country that make the
heavy hotelware china are Buffalo (Niagara Ceramics), Homer-Laughlin, Hall
and Syracuse.  Hall makes specialty pieces like the teapots they make for
us.  Homer-Laughlin never made china for railroads (except Amtrak).
Syracuse has been really tough to deal with.  We have been trying to do a
reproduction of the Lackawanna's St. Albans pattern.  Syracuse kindly sent
us copies of the DL&W's ordering history, but after a year we still have not
gotton a price from them!

Tim