RE: (erielack) Latest Southern Tier Happenings

Pennsylvania, and making the
> Norfolk Southern rail yard in Allegany its hub of operations.Railroad president William Burt, who
outlined initial plans last month  . . . .

*snip*

OK, so I looked up Driftwood PA and Machias NY on Google Earth.  Scenic territory, to say the least.
A couple of questions arise:
Up the line from Driftwood, there's "Tunnel Hill" but there appears (in those crummy aerial photos)
not to be a tunnel.  Was there once one there?  And Port Allegany, clearly was a port at one time,
but on what waterway?  What canal?  And where, exactly, is Machias Junction?  I find Machias NY, and
there's a 90 degree intersection there, but I can't see if there's an interchange there.

And who will WNY&P interchange with at either end of that line?

And I assume that "the Norfolk Southern rail yard in Allegany" (does NS still own it?) is what we
think of as the Olean yard?  Is that actually IN Allegany NY?

SGL