(erielack) Original EL Calendar

Listers,

In July last year, there was some discussion concerning a supposed original EL calendar for the year 1976. I believe that the consensus was that this was not produced officially by EL.

However, Erie Lackawanna did distribute an official calendar in the 1961 - 1962 time frame. The calendar was sponsored by EL's Passenger Traffic Department to advertise the through-line passenger service between Hoboken and Chicago. I acquired several of them from the Passenger Traffic Department in Hoboken during one of my visits around 1964. This style was the same that Banks are fond of handing out at the end of the year, a backboard advertising the Bank, and with a pad attached and each day can be removed as required.

The backboard is in EL Maroon and Gray, featuring the EL Diamond, a list of the through-line trains operating, stations served, and connecting railroads and stations at Chicago. Including the North Shore Line! Also advertised is EL's Midtown New York Terminal.

I am looking into having the calendar reproduced and offering it for sale at the end of this year for 2008.

John Boehner