RE: (erielack) E-L xDLW E8 question

> Did E-L retain the door mounted headlights on the xDLW E8
> units?  Was one a oscillating Mars light?
> TIA
>  Jerry Custer

EL retained the door-mounted headlights on the ex-EL E8s (809-819),
unless there was a wreck. Two of them (815, 816) were involved in wrecks
and were rebuilt without the lower headlight.

The lower headlight contained two bulbs - one was a red "emergency
braking" light, and the other one was an oscillating Mars light, if
memory serves me. The top headlight was fixed.