Re: (erielack) Crossovers in Buffalo

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Dale Madison wrote:

> >  I'm not sure it was possible to crossover from the BCK/NYC (CP
> >437) connection to any BCT platform tracks, which would queer that routing
> >idea...
> >
> >Henry
>
> Where is CP 437 in relation to CP 49 at Central Terminal?  Assuming it is
> further west at least to the PRR, one could easily get to the BCT
> platforms, just like the PRR trains did.

Dale,

CP 437 is just west of Tower 49 (Signal Station 49 or SS 49 on NYC maps) and
east of SS 49A, which was the PRR/NYC x-ing and interchange. Under PC it was
just a switch and crossovers as the diamonds were obsolete, but it was still
manned. At one time the RoW at SS49A held 9 tracks, 2 PRR and 7 NYC. I shot a
photo from the SS 49A signal bridge in 1976 lookig toward BCT, it's at
http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/safariphoto.cgi?teenager/pc6548-1.jpg
CP 437 is just west of the William St overpass. SS 49 controlled what is now
CP 437 and it would have just been part of SS 49 back then. For an overview,
see the map at http://nyc.railfan.net/buffalo/maps/fw50.gif - SS 49 is just
off the map at top center.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services