Re: (erielack) ELDCPS tablecloths

No tablecloths were ever done with the EL diamond.  After the last stock of
Erie and DL&W tablecloths were depleted, the EL used the Erie "Oak Leaf"
pattern tablecloths with no logo, but a small "Erie Lackawanna" sewn into a
corner in maroon thread.  Even later Erie Lackawanna was stamped into the
corner in red ink.

We are always looking at Erie and DL&W dining car items to reproduce.  One
of the things we have been leaning towards is to stock 741 with mostly Erie
items for service and to stock 470 with DL&W items.  So some day if you dine
in 741 you will have an Erie tablecloth, Erie Starrucca china and EL Grecian
flatware.  In 470 you will have DL&W linens, Phoebe Snow china, and either
Sierra or Zephyr pattern flatware.

Since we are trying to finish 741 before we start on 470 we are focusing on
Erie and EL items.  I am sure we will do more DL&W stuff when 470 starts to
be restored.  Of course if we have an opportunity to do something sooner we
will - for example last year we did DL&W playing cards.

For those of you coming to our dinner on April 15th, the food will be from
both the Erie and the DL&W menus with a few EL "swirler" cocktails thrown
in!

Tim