(erielack) Buffalo

At 05:33 07.02.2007, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:08:24 -0500
>From: Mike Oravec <MOEL_@_paonline.com>
>Subject: Re: (erielack) EL working the Buffalo DL&W Terminal area in 1971
>

>Henry,
>

>I suspect it had more to do with management not wanting the (6)
>passenger trains, involved with Bison Yard operation in any way.  Then
>a new track connection has to be built ($285,000) to avoid the yard,
>which adds to the cost of continuing to use the old terminal.  You are
>right, another reason to move out of Main Street; Babcock Street is a
>much cheaper alternative.

Can anyone offer any ideas on how the EL (and NKP) could have moved into
Central Terminal?  Would the tracks have permitted that?

The NKP from the west could switch over from (or to) NYC tracks at numerous
places.

I just don't know how the EL tracks would mesh with the NYC on the east
side of Buffalo.

Dale