Re: (erielack) EL working the Buffalo DL&W Terminal area in 1971

(Sorry, using the "reply" function in my email seemed to affect the
layout of the message, so I am sending again as a new email.)

Henry,

I suspect it had more to do with management not wanting the (6)
passenger trains, involved with Bison Yard operation in any way.  Then a
new track connection has to be built ($285,000) to avoid the yard, which
adds to the cost of continuing to use the old terminal.  You are right,
another reason to move out of Main Street; Babcock Street is a much
cheaper alternative.

See page 15 of E-L Magazine (October 1962)
http://companypubs.elhts.org/ERLA_Oct1962.pdf

Mike Oravec