(erielack) Re: Runthroughs

The CNW/UP/SP's started with diesels, if I'm not mistaken, on the City
trains.  But runthroughs were in place earlier than that in the east:

CNJ/Reading regularly ran each others power through from Philadelphia-Jersey
City and JC-Allentown-Harrisburg.  Additionally B&O Royal Blue Line trains
kept their B&O power through to Jersey City after they were forced out of
Penn Station in the mid '20s.

Lackawanna Power ran to Maybrook on the L&HR, but I believe that was more of
a power balancing agreement since trains to Port Morris had to run over the
DL&W from Andover on the Sussex Branch to Port.

I'm sure there were others.  Any one else?

Curtis Brookshire
Manassas, VA