(erielack) DLW piggyback flat

 Hello list,
I have an Athearn RTR DLW piggyback flat with a broken coupler (non-KADEE).  I have tried to remove the metal coupler cover and it appeares glued on.  Has anyone had luck removing the cover plate?

Thanks.

If you are at Timonium this weekend look for the MARRS modular layout, I won't have any passenger trains this time but I have a 6 Erie F unit train of 70 boxcars.

Andy Cole