Re: (erielack) More Cutoff info

I wondered about this as well.  At the session in Blairstown on Monday I
asked one the the engineering consultants about this.  He told me that the
arches and the bases into the ground and the river on the Deleware River
Viaduct are fine.  The upper arches that support the track deck are shot.  I
asked about the Paulinskill Viaduct and he said it is fine and ready to go.
So why the difference between the two?  The consultant claimed that the
Delaware River Viaduct was the first one built and that there were some
significant changes made when they did the Paulinskill (and later,
Tunkahannock).  He said the changes were in the size of the rebar and in
limestone content.

I don't know how true any of this is but at least it sounds plausible.

Tim