RE: (erielack) More Cutoff info

Schuyler,

Yes, especially considering that NJ  and PA will roughly split the 50% of
the cost that isn't funded by the feds.

Chuck

             "Schuyler
             Larrabee"
             <schuyler.larrabe                                          To
             e_@_verizon.net>            "'J. Henry Priebe Jr.'"
             Sent by:                  <root_@_net.bluemoon.net>
             erielack-owner_@_li         "'Erie Lackawanna Mail List'"
             sts.elhts.org             <erielack_@_lists.elhts.org>
                                                                        cc

             01/30/2007 10:01                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: (erielack) More Cutoff info

             Please respond to
                 "Schuyler
                 Larrabee"
             <schuyler.larrabe
              e_@_verizon.net>

. The hearing
> addressed issues in a draft environmental assessment needed
> to apply for the $551 million in federal funds to make rail
> service between Scranton, Pa., and Hoboken, N.J., a reality.

I don't intend to inject politics into this, but let's look at something
for perspective:  The
projected budget for the GWBush Presidential Library is $500 million.  I am
managing the effort to
build a new State Psychiatric Hospital which will cost north of $275
million.  $551 million isn't
really all that much.

> U.S. Rep. John Siptroth acknowledged that getting $551
> million in one bundle from Washington is a tall order.
> "Maybe, we might have to get it done incrementally,"

Now, there's a concept!!

SGL