From: Schuyler Larrabee [mailto:schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:39 PM
To: KSmollin_@_aol.com; mail@joshuakblay.com; erielack@lists.elhts.org
Subject: RE: (erielack) EL SDP-45-2

> cement block took
> the place of the steam generator.

Josh,

People who know me will understand (with a sigh, probably) that I first have
to kvetch about your
use of the word "cement" in that sentence.  It was not "cement," it was
CONCRETE.  Cement is one of
the elements of concrete, along with sand, stone aggregate, and water.  The
water hydrates the
cement, which then sets, and holds all the rest of the stuff together in
concrete.  There!  Got that
pet peeve salved.

But to get back to the overall statement there.  Where did you get the idea
that there was any
concrete block in the end of the long hood?  I have never heard that before,
only that it was empty.
Can anybody else verify the existence of a block of concrete in there?

SGL