(erielack) FTSB in RMC

November's RMC features the FT short booster, in prototype (with plans) and  Lackawanna model, with a sidebar on the "world's biggest coupler" -- the tender the Lackawanna used (without modification?) when one A-unit was out.

The model article is by Rusty Recordan, but I confess that I didn't notice the author of the lead article -- my apologies.

This all shows not only how much shorter they were, but also the doorless opening between A and B units and a myriad of roof details.

Erie never had them, but did any DL&W FTSBs make it into EL paint, either B/Y or G/M/Y ?

Randy Brown