Re: (erielack) Elmira Erie viaduct to get spruced up

I was wondering about the progress on this issue, thanks for the update Rob!

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Piecuch" <lmprjp88_@_yahoo.com>
To: <erielack_@_lists.elhts.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 1:26 PM
Subject: (erielack) Elmira Erie viaduct to get spruced up

> The project to renovate, restore and re-create the viaduct that slices
through the center of Elmira's downtown received $1.25 million Friday in
state and federal transportation funds.

> State and local officials gathered near the Norfolk Southern Railroad
viaduct behind the Clemens Center to present the $1.25 million check that
completes the $2 million pot needed to fund the project.

http://www.stargazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061028/NEWS01/610280334/1001/NEWS

>   Also the planners of the project have asked me for any vintage photos to
use as reference, to help them see how it used to look. I have a few, but if
anyone out there has anything they'd like to share that I can forward to
them would be helpful.

>   IF all goes well, the viaduct will be restored to a more or less
original appearance with "ERIE" lettering restored.  I have also suggested
some "replica"  Erie and EL promotional signs and some other railroad
related ideas that will make it look much better.