Re: (erielack) CNJ Station in Scranton

> Not exactly EL content, but it's across the street from DL&W bridge 60 and
> Steamtown :)   Anyway note the part about finding trainman lockers from
> "long dead" railroaders.

Neat!

One could have a three-day "Anthracite Railroad" Festival in Scranton and
have nightly banquets in each of the stations of the Erie and Wyoming
Valley, DL&W and CNJ!

Ride ex-DL&W, maybe ex D&H (parallelling/sharing right of way
with  the O&W and NYS&W in part), A ride on a piece of the L&WV (which
originated anthracite, after all--and also gives you rare footage on the
E&WV), and a bus trip to Jim Thorpe and ride a train there on ex CNJ/LV and
get pretty near L&NE with a trip to Nequehoning , and maybe another bus trip
to Honesdale if they ever get running again and . . .

I know we've done some of this at past Conventions, but it might be time to
think about Scranton again.

> Coupled with planned reconstruction of the adjacent Lackawanna Avenue
> bridge
> and development of an intermodal transportation center across the street,
> the rail station's renaissance would help put the crowning touches on what

I wonder what they mean by "Across the Street" and  "Intermodal" ?  Across
the Street as at the CNJ passenger station location? Or across the river
toward the ex D&H Station Location? And by Intermodal -- do they mean
another Steamtown Platform? A New Station for NJT Service to Scranton via
the Cut-Off? Extending wire so the Electric City Trolley can pick folk up to
go to ball games?

Hmmmmm.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie