Re: (erielack) Algoma Central

At 10:48 27-10-2006, J.K. Blay wrote:
>I wonder...
>
>Where tea kettle did that heater car from?
>Is the AC still in passenger business?  I wouldn't think CN would have
>kept in the passenger business after they bought WC.
>
>Joshua

The AC is still very much in the passenger business.   CN did buy it and
retired the FP's.

By law in Canada, some routes are designated essential because they serve
remote areas where the only way in or out is by train.  The through
passenger train on the AC meets this definition.   (So does the ONR to
Mosonee, QNS&L to Labrador City, Hudson Bay to Churchill and Lynn Lake, etc)

The Canyon Tour trains are still running too.

Dale