Re: (erielack) Comet I cars- going, going...

In a message dated 10/25/2006 10:25:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com writes:
I'm curious if the Comet I's retained their 2-2 seating, or were they
converted to 3-2 seating later on?  All that I've read so far about the
double-deckers is that the commuters agree on one thing: they like the 2-2
seating and hate the "old" 3-2 seating.

Chuck,

The Comet I's were rebuilt in 1987-88 with 3-2 fixed seating. This is the
same current configuration they currently have now.  There was a bid on NJT's
procurement site last month for some of the seats on some of the Comet I's to be
replaced. That is why I am doubting that all of them will be retired
immediately.

Steve