RE: (erielack) Montville Station

The Factory was S.B. Penneck.  I think they made some kind of
fragrances, but for years Montville smelled like some kind of toilet
bowel cleaner.  If you got to the Terra Server website and bring up the
Montville quadrant map you will see where the sidings to Penneck.  At
one time this was an electrically locked switched controlled from
Mountain View Tower.

On another interesting note of how transportation changed.  I had an
aunt who was born in 1908.  Her mother, my grandmother, married a guy
who lived in Montville and worked in New York City when I wasn't
farming.  His last name was Zeiliff, which I think is still common
around that area.  When my aunt would go visit she would take the train
from Mountain View to Montville.  The house they lived at was near the
Morris Canal at the location where I-287 now passes.  My aunt told me
that one day her dog followed her down to the Parish Drive station and
some how jumped on the train.  The conductor found the dog and threw it
off somewhere up the line.  Somehow the dog did make it back home.  My
aunt told me she worried about that incident during the whole visit with
her aunt Ellie.  Remember this was around 1915 or 1916 with no phones
and a very poor Main Road.  A trip from Mountain View to Montville was
quite a venture then.  I did it on a bicycle in the 70s.

Ed Montgomery