RE: (erielack) Montville Station

> I go past the station site on a regular basis and the surrounding
> neighborhoods look like they could support a commuter stop
> again (alot has
> happened along the Boonton Line since '66).  The major issue,
> as always,
> would be parking.  Nevertheless, I could see the need for a
> stop between
> Boonton and Towaco.  Obviously, the DL&W did.

That area in Montville is filled with McMansions now, and you can probably bet there are a lot of high-profile folks living there who must commute into NYC. The problem, as Chuck points out, is that the station area has almost no parking. However, there was a factory at the bottom of the embankment from the tracks that was recently torn down. You could put parking in there....

Where there's a will, people... :)