(erielack) ELDCPS Now Taking Orders for HO Scale EL Passenger Cars from Rapido

ELDCPS is proud to announce that we are taking reservation orders for the
new line of "Super Continental" Passenger Cars being produced in HO Scale by
Rapido Trains. Many have said that these are the finest plastic models of
passenger equipment ever made. These cars are now available for order from
our online store at http://www.eldcps.org/catalog/. A portion of each sale
will go towards the restoration of our 1:1 scale passenger cars. Orders must
be placed by November 28th to insure availability. Cars are scheduled to be
delivered in April.

Regular price on these cars is $59.95, but we are offering these at a
special "pre-production" price of $49.95 ($46.95 for members).

Shipping and handling will apply to each order, as well as sales tax for New
Jersey and Pennsylvania orders.

Car Details :

Currently, we are taking orders on two cars, a Lightweight Coach and Deluxe
Sleeper. The coach is very close to the 1300-series EL (ex-DL&W) coaches.
The Deluxe Sleeper does not match an EL prototype, but uses the car names
from the EL/Erie 10-6 Sleepers.

The Coaches come in five different numbers : 1301, 1307, 1311, 1318, and
1320. The real EL 1318 is owned by John Boehner's Erie Lackawanna Equipment
Leasing and is currently undergoing a full restoration.

The Deluxe Sleepers come in 4 different names : James Gore King, Marvin
Kent, Benjamin Loder, and Daniel Craig McCallum.

Model features include :
- - HO scale ready-to-run, injection-molded plastic models
- - Detailed underbody with separate steam, air and electrical lines
- - Flush-fitting windows with raised and painted window frames
- - Factory-applied grab irons and uncoupling levers
- - Fully detailed interior cast in appropriate colors
- - Battery-powered LED lighting operated by magnetic wand (included)
- - Separate, removable marker lamps and end gates
- - McHenry Couplers and operating diaphragms with support bars
- - 18" minimum radius (24" or greater recommended)

Act now to reserve a set of cars for yourself, as these are sure to be hot
sellers. Each car you buy for your model railroad empire will bring ELDCPS
one step closer to bringing the real Friendly Service Route back. Visit our
store at www.eldcps.org/catalog today!

Thanks for your support,
Michael Steinberg
VP-Communications, Erie Lackawanna Dining Car Preservation Society
http://www.eldcps.org

End of EL Mail List Digest V3 #2177