(erielack) Lackawanna & The Nickel Plate

List,

It seems that a merger of these two may have been viable, as they worked
together in freight and passenger service pre-EL.

The short fast freight concept may have worked because of  the NKP's mostly
single track main and the Lackawanna's heavy grades.

The NKP's coal traffic might have helped except that much of the Ohio coal is
high sulfur. The Erie didn't have a whole lot of coal on it's lines except
the Bradford Div. and the Lisbon Branch.

I don't think that the NKP would want to touch the Lackawanna's commuter
district with a 10 foot pole, though.

Just my opinions, they're not worth too much.

Rick Fleischer