(erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna Day!

My memory is a simple one, and not all that long ago. It's from just
pre-conversion years, like early 80s:

Riding home to Hoboken from Gladstone in the last car of an old green MU
train, a late summer night. It's still hot and a little humid, but
there's a hint fall in the air.  My girlfreind an I have spent the day
in the country. She's leaning on me in the wicker seats.  Everybody on
the train is quiet. The windows are open, and the yellow lights are
shining out into the woods as we approach Far Hills,  we clatter and
rumble across the old Hogback bridge. The brakes start squealing a
little as we pull into the station. I whiff of brake shoe, a whiff of
electric. You can just hear the crossing signals binging. Nobody gets
on. Zap-zap goes the signal line.

I wish that moment could have lasted foreever.

dmg