Re: (erielack) freight on the cutoff-later years

In a message dated 10/17/2006 4:33:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
KSmollin_@_aol.com writes:

The last  "hurrah" for the Cutoff came in August 1978 when a derailment on
the Delaware  Division (Narrowsburg?) forced Conrail to detour everything via
the  Cutoff.  At the time, the Delaware was still busy (the Ford Plant in
Mahwah was still operating) and saw 8 to 10 trains a day.

And I believe Paul posted some photos several months back showing these
Conrail Detour trains going through Great Notch in August of my birth  year.