RE: (erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna Day!

I also remember a side effect of the EL disappearing being that the C&O of
Indiana essentially ceased to exist. This was because the EL was shared with
the C&O between State Line and Griffith, and with Conrail abandoning the EL
in most of Indiana, there was no where for the C&O to go. The trains were
re-routed along the PM and the B&O across northern Indiana and could tie
into the C&O from Lacross to North Judson. This is the only leg that is
still running, as the Chesapeake and Indiana railroad.