Re: (erielack) Port Morris Turn

Dairy Pak was in Morris PLAINS.  Many people get confused by the
multiple Morris municipalities: Town of Morristown, Morris Township,
and Morris Plains Borough, all in Morris County...

Dairy Pak's trailing-point siding came off track 1 (westbound) just
west of milepost 31 and went up a 4% grade.  Morristown station is at
29.8 and Morris Plains station is at 32.0.  At one time, NJT tried to
convince Morris Plains to let them MOVE the station to MP 31 so they
could use the parking lot.

The Mercedes showroom is just up the street from the Morristown
station on Ridgedale Ave (of which there are many in this county).

- --- Paul Brezicki <doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Well duh!, I guess it was in Morristown.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey