RE: (erielack) Port Morris Turn

Paul B asked:

> Where was the Dairy Pak plant (at least
> that's what I assume you're referring to), and what did they
> ship and receive?

Dairy Pak is, as you might surmise by the name, a company that made the lined paper cartons for milk and juices. They received in paperboard, and they shipped out completed and printed paper cartons. The inbound paper was what arrived in those SOU boxcars, if my notes are correct.

Sadly, Dairy Pak closed down about 3 years ago. In anohter sign of what NJ is becoming, the facility now is a storage area for the Mercedes-Benz dealer in Morristown. (!)

> It appears there was a lot of traffic
> destined for the Northeast coming off the N&W at Hagerstown.

That there was, hence the need for the P'burger to bring those cars up to Port Morris.