Re: (erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna Day!

Steve,

It was in that timeframe, although this was on a Saturday, and I don't
recall many freights--certainly no long freights--being run on a Saturday
through the Oranges.  From what I can recall, there were five units up
front and 150-155 cars trailing.  The cars were a mixture of everything:
coal cars, boxcars, tank cars, gons, etc.  The racket that the sections of
coal cars made on the stick rail was deafening.  The only racket that I can
recall that was any louder was sitting several miles west of Clarks Summit
on a Steamtown run with a then-D&H freight passing on the adjacent track,
on a warm day with the windows wide open.  I've been to rock concerts that
were quiet compared to the din that day.

Chuck

             STEVEZ10_@_aol.com

             AM                        Charles_Walsh_@_berlex.com
                                       erief7_@_msn.com
                                                                        cc
                                       erielack_@_lists.elhts.org,
                                       erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (erielack) Happy Erie
                                       Lackawanna Day!

In a message dated 10/17/2006 9:34:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,