Re: (erielack) Metamorphosis

Charles,
Some answers to your questions,

Q: wasn't the NY&GL double-tracked to Mountain View at one time?

A: No, the double track went from DB to Great Notch where the Caldwell Branch ran to Essex Fells and Verons

Q: Also, was the line
>always singled tracked north of Mountain View

A: No, north of Mountain view was always single track with a few passing sidings and some industries. If you would like some track diag's let me know and I'll direct you off the list.

 Q: Finally, was there ever a
>yard at Greenwood Lake, prior to the line's truncation (due to the building
>of the Wanaque Reservoir) later on?

A: Again, no. the northernmost yard per say was at Wanaque-Midvale. Greenwood Lake (Sterling Forest) had a couple of tracks but no big yard.

I hope this helps you. I have a ton of info on the Greenwood Lake Branch and also a section on my website. If I can be of any help to you or anyone else on the list, don't hesitate to ask.

Fred Stratton

erierr.railfan.net