Re: (erielack) CWR - made in Salamanca

In a message dated 10/15/2006 6:58:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
erielack1_@_yahoo.com writes:

Had our  first cold night this week and had two broken rails in the morning
on my yard  leads. Cold weather always finds the track and equipment defects
real  fast.
Bob Stafford

Temperamental or shall I say electric locks with real close tolerances can
be another weather effected item that probable most people don't ever realize
or  think about.  Small clearances of all metal parts are effected by  extreme
heat and cold.

It can be frustrating to say the least when you pull up to an electric lock
switch that you expected to clear up in and now you can't even get in or worse
 yet you can't get out. Sometimes its only 1/200 of an inch but you aren't
going  to get it till its been adjusted.  Having a maintainer in the area REALLY
 helps on those occasions. :)

Bob Bahrs

End of EL Mail List Digest V3 #2170