Re: (erielack) CWR - made in Salamanca

You would certainly think that, but I've never actually come across a cold weather pull-apart. Have you?

Paul B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dlw1el2_@_aol.com
  To: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net
  Cc: erielack_@_lists.elhts.org
  Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:45 AM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) CWR - made in Salamanca

  In a message dated 10/14/2006 7:24:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net writes:
    That reminds me, CWR was best laid in hot weather when it was at or near maximum expansion. If not, it could buckle and kink during extreme heat. We had problems with that on CN in Ontario in the 70's, and I think it caused a derailment. CSX also had problems with this several years back.

    Paul B

  But then this increases the chances of pull aparts in the winter.  Both scenarios show the importance of rail anchors.

  Bob B

End of EL Mail List Digest V3 #2169