(erielack) Advance 100

PS - I used a short meat hook for a tire knocker during that time!!  ;-)

Aha, Guilty!!

In 1979 UPS started their own "Martrac" subsidiary for this arrangement. It owned reefer trailers that would take perishables east from California and parcels west. Since parcels aren't palletized I imagine the pallets were just stacked up at the front of the trailer.

Paul B

Back in the early 1970's, UPS used the empty reefer trailers for loading
westbound parcels. As a TT driver for UPS, I frequently pulled empty reefer
trailers from Croxton to the Secaucus center for loading then took them
back for the rail trip west. Just some backhaul usage of these trailers.

Joe K.