Re:Re:(erielack) EL 2007 calendar - description and review

Well, actually, Janet and Randy Brown didn't write a word of the posting quoted.  I suppose it doesn't really matter -- unless someone is trying to do some research later.

In fact, I haven't bought a 2007 calendar yet.  I didn't buy the 2006, based on the apparent general consensus that the photography was poor and the captions were worse.  I guess I'm waiting for a calendar produced by someone who has all those crystal clear, sun-side pictures of exactly what I want to see, with captions that are dead-on accurate and complete.  Until then, I just read the comments about the existing calendar and feel happy that I didn't waste my money.

Randy Brown
At 07:05 PM 10/9/2006, Janet & Randy Brown wrote:
>Just got my 2007 EL calendar, here's a brief description and my
>personal opinions....
>
>APRIL: A slightly backlit shot of some F-unit ........You know,
>there's yet another Southern Pacific 40' car at the front of this
>train with a large yellow diagonal line through the door (the cover
>image had one as well) - anyone know what that indicated?

Out here on the left coast, these cars are known as "yellow  stripers".  They are 40' boxcars rebuilt with 10' doors and were  assigned to lumber service.

Best regards,
Tim Costello