(erielack) Calendar photo Geeps derailed

Listers,

  Earlier this week someone commented on the fan housing that is blocked off on the 1220 in the September photo.  That fan is blocked off as part of one of the annual winterization projects, I believe.  There would also be a piece of sheet metal placed against the wire screening (from inside the engine room) that is located on the flanks of the locomotive directly under that fan. I have been told it helped keep the cab warmer in winter.

  Rich P