Re: (erielack) The Hayshaker

When I was the ticket agent/operator at Spring Valley, NY back in 1978 I
remember riding 1671 the Hayshaker up int the passenger yard on the week of
thanksgiving and having a turkey diner with the crew after they ran around their
train so they could shove the consist west on the Piermount Branch to Suffern,
 NY. The Turkey was cooking all morning on top of the coal stove in the
caboose  under an aluminum tent. I cost me $3.00 to get in on the feed they made
that day  plus I got to ride from the station up to the yard and back. The
dinner was  turkey with gravy,  mashed potatoes string beans and bread and butter
oh  yea the all time coffee from the endless coffee pot!

Lou Kern
Former Opr/NY Division