RE: (erielack) EL, then and now...

> Paul and List,
>
> Port Morris turn?? I don't think this was a regular job,
> unless it was established sometime that month (12/75).
> Recalling our recent discussion of operations in that area,
> how does it fit in with the Dover locals and P'burger? The
> only reason to have a P Morris turn is to bring Croxton cars
> for the P'burger, which was usually done by CS-9. Perhaps
> CS-9 didn't run that day? Quite possible, since Dec 28 was
> the Sunday after the Christmas holiday, and traffic was way
> down. Comments, anyone?

I asked this question on the list a while back, and it appears that towards the end of the EL (1975-1976) they ran sporadic "Port Morris Turns" out of Croxton to take care of dropping cars off at Port Morris, assumably for the P'burger. I have a few other photos of these turns (and they continued into early Conrail), but like I said, they weren't that common.

I'll have to go back and see if the other Port Morris turns ran on holidays and/or weekends.