Re: (erielack) CWR on the EL & curve elevation relaxation after #5 & #6

Paul

You are correct on the date of the welded rail between French Creek and
Shenango, 1967,

I rode the head end of a late #5 one day from Hornell to Youngstown and we
operated via the B&LE from French Creek to Shenango)  Pete Hover was  the EL
engineer and he fussed about having to wait for a pilot at FC as he  was
previously qualified over the B&LE.  He told the B&LE pilot "Go  over and sit down
kid, I have forgotten more about this railroad than you'll  ever know."

SMT