RE: (erielack) CWR

Yes, exactly.  These gons look like, well, regular gons that were not
adapted for CWR use, which would have made rail handling difficult, to say
the least.

             "Tupaczewski,
             Paul R (Paul)"
             <paultup_@_lucent.c                                          To
             om>                       "'Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com'"
             Sent by:                  <Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com>
             erielack-owner_@_li         Paul Brezicki
             sts.elhts.org             <doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net>
                                                                        cc
                                       EL Mailing List
             10/12/2006 09:29          <erielack_@_lists.elhts.org>
                                       RE: (erielack) CWR

             Please respond to
               "Tupaczewski,
              Paul R (Paul)"
             <paultup_@_lucent.c
                    om>

> I'm curious how the CWR would have sat in the gons, since CWR
> is somewhat
> flexible and might sink into each gondola.

Traditionally, there are racks with rollers - usually 3 or 4 - on each gon
that held the rails. The racks were close enough to one another to prevent
sagging.