Re: (erielack) Advance 100

At 05:08 PM 10/11/06, Paul Brezicki wrote:
>The meat business was unprofitable for several reasons, etc., etc.
>EL was also constantly paying to replace meathooks that went missing at
>the consignees. The other big problem was the lack of backhaul for this
>exclusively eastbound traffic.

Back in the early 1970's, UPS used the empty reefer trailers for loading
westbound parcels. As a TT driver for UPS, I frequently pulled empty reefer
trailers from Croxton to the Secaucus center for loading then took them
back for the rail trip west. Just some backhaul usage of these trailers.

Joe K.

PS - I used a short meat hook for a tire knocker during that time!!  ;-)