RE: (erielack) CWR

> Attached is a photo of 7 EL gons labeled for "MOW Rail Train
> Service". They are equipped with racks and I assume they are
> used to transport CWR.
>
> This is the only photo I have ever seen of these cars, thanks
> to my prolific photographer friend Emil Walerko. The built
> date on the cars appears to be 1954 and the lube date is
> 1964. The photo is undated but I believe it is from the late
> 60's when he did a lot of shooting.
>
> The gons display revenue car numbers, not MOW numbers. I
> assume they are painted black. I don't know if there are any
> more in the line that are not in the photo.
>
> Does anyone know how many of these cars the EL had? When they
> acquired them? Has any photos of these cars ever been
> published? I have never seen any information on these cars.

Ron, this is the first and only shot I've ever seen of EL Rail Train gons!
What a great grab!

I'm surprised that this is the only shot out there, too. Equally surprising
is that the cars appear to have been "quick painted" (note how haphazardly
the lettering was applied), just to get them out the door. And why do they
carry their revenue numbers?