(erielack) New merchandise at ELDCPS Store

To all listers:

ELDCPS has added several new items to our store. The new 2007 EL Calendar is now available and ready to be shipped. EL ball caps are also available for $14.95.

Check out the new Erie Starrucca pattern china teapot! These were used by the Erie in the mid to late 1950's. The low pre-production price is only $44.95. Order now and add this great item to your Erie china collection!

ELDCPS has also added a new DVD-R or CD, produced by Erie Lackawanna Equipment Leasing, LLC. The disk features the Erie-Lackawanna Magazines from the first one issued November 1960 to August 1963.

Also included on the disk are Erie-Lackawanna Annual Reports from 1960 to 1967. These contain a lot of very interesting information, such as equipment purchased plus freight and passenger trends. They are included so the reader may obtain a complete view of the Company at the time. Unfortunately, they also contain the grim financial statistics that EL was reporting to its shareowners. Erie Lackawanna Railroad issued Annual Reports for 1960 until the last Annual Report was issued for 1967 on March 4, 1968, as on April 1, 1968, Erie Lackawanna Railroad became Erie Lackawanna Railway, and was part of Dereco.

The EL Digest is also included. The first issue was dated September 1, 1972, by Erie Lackawanna Railway, and was an attempt to "improve communications among Erie Lackawanna people, and keeping everyone better informed". The last communication from the Management to the employees was the EL Digest issue of March 1976. The heartbreaking final message from Erie Lackawanna President Gregory W. Maxwell, President and Chief Executive Officer to the employees was on the front page. In less then a month, EL would be a part of Conrail and would be gone forever.

You will spend many hours reading all the information contained on the disk, and your knowledge of our favorite railroad will be greatly expanded. Order yours today from the ELDCPS Store!

If you have not as yet ordered "Our memories of THE ERIE LACKAWANNA", produced by RonRail Pictures, and available at ELDCPS, you must have a copy of this! The first section contains the 8MM movies that were taken by Frank Mentone of Totowa in the 1960's of THE PHOEBE SNOW. Including the last runs at Dover, NJ. Most significant, Frank traveled on No. 1 to Scranton, and shot a lot of film from out the back of the Tavern-Lounge. The Cut-off footage is really worth watching! Photographer Bob Underwood's early EL passenger films are outstanding. You can observe NKP Pullmans and coaches on THE NEW YORKER and THE LAKE CITIES. Not to mention the variety of EL passenger equipment that was operated in the early years.

We have other great products coming soon, so please visit our website and store often at www.eldcps.org<http://www.eldcps.org/> and click on "Store".

For those of you who are ELDCPS members, visit our members area and check out the progress on Diner 741. Midwest is close to completing the exterior metal restoration, and we can soon move on to another area. With the roof, sides and ends rebuilt, we are making excellent progress towards our mission of restoring and operating an authentic EL passenger train from the 1960s.

For those of us fortunate enough to have enjoyed the experience of riding an EL through-line passenger train through the Poconos, keep in mind that we are making every effort so that you will be able to experience this yourself. Perhaps in the Lounge or Dining section of 741 or Pullman or coach. And eventually also in former Lackawanna Kitchen-Diner 770.

Thank you for your suppor! Remember, every sale we make helps assists us with this wonderful effort.

Kind regards,

John Boehner, VP - Operations
ELDCPS