Re: (erielack) Empty milk car question

Dave,

I've got an off-the-wall question for you...I once heard or read that
Becker's miniature railroad in Roseland was modeled after the Sussex
Branch.  Have you ever heard that?

Chuck

             Dave Rutan
             <rutan3_@_nac.net>
             10/10/2006 09:31          Charles_Walsh_@_berlex.com
                                       EL List <erielack_@_lists.elhts.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (erielack) Empty milk car
                                       question

Chuck,

There are others who know more than I, but believe that the Beckers
creameries at Strader's and Roseland were creameries, that is they took
in, processed and bottled milk and that Orange was the distribution
point for the bottled milk.

I spoke with a maintenance employee of Becker's creamery once. He said
that at times, tank trucks would bring milk from Strader's to Roseland.
  This was in the late 1950's and I can only figure there was either an
overcapacity at Roseland or an undercapacity at Strader's.

Dave
- --
Remember the DL&W Sussex Branch
http://DLW-SussexBranch.com

Charles_Walsh_@_berlex.com wrote:
> Dave,
>
> If memory serves, the cars from Becker's at Straders on the Sussex Branch
> went to Orange.  One thing I never understood is what role the Straders
> facility played vis-a-vis Becker's facility in Roseland.  Did they then
> truck the milk from Orange to Roseland?
>
> Chuck
>

>              Dave Rutan

>              <rutan3_@_nac.net>