Re:(erielack) EL 2007 calendar - description and review

A diagonal yellow stripe, on the door or elsewhere, usually denoted a car equipped with load-restraining devices -- "Damage Free" usually appeared in or nearthe stripe.  Perhaps they were equipped for moving automobie parts -- frames or body sections or the like.

Randy Brown
Just got my 2007 EL calendar, here's a brief description and my personal opinions....

APRIL: A slightly backlit shot of some F-unit (the first in GMY, the trailing two in EL B/Y) roll through an amazingly manicured lineside lawn at Sterling, ON, with the B&O crossing and tower in the distance (the B&O line is seen coming in from the left). You know, there's yet another Southern Pacific 40' car at the front of this train with a large yellow diagonal line through the door (the cover image had one as well) - anyone know what that indicated?