RE: (erielack) Re: Nickle Plate Products

Schuyler Larrabee and Rich Young wrote:

"> That is correct about the four versions of N-1's and the
>same  went for the K-1 pacifics in three versions.
> Doc put a sticker with the number over how many made on
the  >box. Looking like a fraction mine are 5 / 15 and they
were an  orange sticker on my boxes.

> Rich Y

Oh, THAT's what that means . . . .8^)

Thanks!

SGL"

Guys:

As soon as I saw this, I ran right to my "brass closet" to
look at my NPP K-1 and N-1 boxes. Neither had a sticker,
although both were purchased at the time direct from NPP.
So apparently, NPP was not consistent about applying these.

I was under the impression that both the K-1 and N-1 models
were built somewhat overscale for HO- i.e. a little too
large. Is this true?

Vince Lee

Modelling the Erie Wyoming Divison in Pennsylvania and
the Erie 28th Street Terminal in New York City

East and West Railfanning Photos:
http://www.eastwestrails.com/