RE: (erielack) Re: Nickle Plate Products

- --- Schuyler Larrabee <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
wrote:

>  A good review, Curt, but a bit more on those Erie
> N1's.  They were advertised as coming in two
> versions, with and without FWH.  That was only about
> one quarter of the story.  Yes, they came
> "plain," but the FWH versions were at least three in
> number.  There was the good looking version,
> with the Elesco FWH mounted in front of the smokebox
> like a T&P Texas type, another mounted very
> high over the smokebox on a huge platform, another
> with it mounted semi-sunken into the smokebox,
> and I think there may have been one, two or three
> other variations.  I've seen "records" that
> suggest some of these were in quantities of 12 or 15
> per style.  I got two, and was really
> disappointed to find out that there were other
> styles done.
>
> There were also a number of cabooses for both roads,
> and ERIE passenger cars as has been documented
> before on this list, I believe.
>
> SGL

SGL

That is correct about the four versions of N-1's and
the same went for the K-1 pacifics in three versions.
Doc put a sticker with the number over how many made
on the box. Looking like a fraction mine are 5 / 15
and they were an orange sticker on my boxes.

Rich Y