(erielack) Empty milk car question

I have a question I hope someone in the group can answer about early EL operations.
After #44 and #47 were cut back to Scranton as trains #41 and 44, how did milk cars move between Binghamton
and the NY area? From my (NY Div.#1)1961 schedules #41 ran thru to Binghamton with no passengers beyond Scranton.
This would indicate that the empties road #41 west, but not by 1962. And in 1962 there were no westbound freights to connect with in Scranton until HB1 at midnight. The only afternoon westbound passenger train after #41's arrival in Scranton was #1 and I'm sure #1 did not take on milk cars. Number 44 shows as originating in Scranton on all my schedules so I have no idea how milk cars from the Utica Branch went east.
Thanks in advance for any information on this.

Gerry Babyok