Re: (erielack) Re: UPS Trailers

In a message dated 10/7/2006 12:08:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
erief7_@_msn.com writes:

The  increase of UPS reliability in getting between the 2 endpoints
(Chicago-NY)  was at the expense of the USPS and REA. They lost revenue while at this
time  the UPS was expanding. When I was growing up in northern NJ UPS was
mainly on  the scale of the USPS and REA, it wasn't until later on that they
started  getting into the larger trailers from what I can remember.

And to think most of these (Chicago-NY) EL UPS trailer van trains went  via
Denville, NJ (my old town) in 1975.! Astonishing!
Something that will and probably never could be  repeated!!