(erielack) William Gale

Hi Folks,

I was saddened to learn yesterday that Bill passed away in August after a long illness. His employment with EL included a position as Assistant Teminal Agent (Piggyback) at 51st St in Chicago from 1969-75; prior to that he had been Agent-Yardmaster at N Falls. He was a longstanding ELHS member, and some of you will recall his article in the Diamond in 2001 chronicling his experiences in Chicago. I was fortunate in being able to visit him in April, when he provided me with info and materials for our upcoming Diamond articles on UPS and Chicago operations. He was very gracious during our visit despite his poor health. He is survived by his wife and daughter.

Paul B

End of EL Mail List Digest V3 #2161